Friday, June 8, 2012

Redshirts!

For those of you that don't know, John Scalzi's Redshirts came out on June 5th.  If you haven't run out and procured yourself a copy yet, do so.  It's fantastic.  I managed to get a ARC of the novel, but I also plan on getting a hardcover copy as soon as I can scrounge enough money together.

In honor of that fantastic post, I have below my entry to the Scalzi Redshirts Fan Art Contest (that did not win, obviously) (after seeing the finalists, I totally get why--SO TALENTED!), and Jonathan Coulton's new song that was inspired by, based on, and released in conjunction with the novel Redshirts.

For a better understanding of what's going on in the picture, you can find the previews on several sites, including for the Kindle, the Nook, and on Tor's own website.  Just Google "Redshirts sneak peek" or "Redshirts preview" or something like that.  It'll be worth it.  You'll totally be hooked within pages.

And, for those of you still intrigued, here's JoCo's new song, "Redshirt."