|Photo by Ryan Ruppe|
As I've mentioned before, I'm participating in this Google+ Photo Scavenger Hunt thingie. It's been a good amount of fun for the wife and I, and it's given us an excuse to get out of the house and roam around doing things--even if it's just for the sake of getting a certain picture. With that, I thought I'd share these photos, taken by my wife or myself, and mark down what I have left to do.
As mentioned last time, this idea was nabbed from Shaun McLane's G+ profile. For more information, click the post I've linked to above and if it sounds like something you're interested in, join in! All it takes is a camera. Heck, you don't even have to use G+; you can just do this for fun if you want. If you do it on Twitter or G+, don't forget the hashtag: #TheHunt
11. Riding the pony in front of a department store
I couldn't find a pony, so I had to settle for Clifford the Big Red Dog. I feel it works the same, if not better.
12. Find the most interesting sign you can
The sign is interesting because, based on the expression on the dog's face, pets seem to feel different than Walmart claims...specifically, they seem to be terrified of it.
13. Hugging a mannequin
This mannequin seemed sad, and I wanted to make her feel better.
17. Capture your reflection in an unexpected place
I actually had several pictures of myself in various windows. Then I saw these things and I realized that I'm a frickin' genius. This picture was actually kind of hard to take because the angle I had to get down into to get that show put the sun in my eyes. There are several pictures where I don't show up at all, and just have a nice picture of a pinwheel, instead.
19. Picture from the highest place you can get to - try to include yourself in the shot
My wife is disabled, so going up onto mountains is a little more difficult than it used to be. Plus, we don't know where any local mountains are. Don't misunderstand, they're there...we're just really lazy. However, the local community college's parking garage served for a perfectly fine photograph.
22. A building, statue, or sign that your town is known for - Even if it’s the “welcome to ___” sign
Imagine my surprise to learn that the Walton's spent a bunch of money to have a legit art museum built in our town. No, for real. Not like those cheap wax museums and local art museums and museums to random junk you find in smaller towns, this one has actual, historical art.
23. Full glass of your favorite (preferably alcoholic) beverage in your hand - like a giant g+ toast
This is not technically my favorite. It's close, however. I couldn't find "rum runner" on the Ruby Tuesday menu (I guess it's seasonal?), but the Ruby Relaxer is really close, and quite good, so...there ya go. Cheers!
29. A single french fry on a fast-food napkin, with #TheHunt written on the napkin
I didn't have a pen, so I thought I'd be all creative and write it in ketchup. It turned out...less cool than I thought it would. I think I used too much ketchup for "hunt." Plus, it started to bleed through the napkin. All the same, it works.
35. Picture of you in front of a sign for a university or college
At the same time that I did the "highest place" pic, I did this one. 'Cause...you know...same place.
36. You taking a bite of a food you have never eaten before
This was the one I was sort of the least happy with. I feel sort of like I cheated because I have had pizza before, but I haven't had "Chicago Style" pizza. The crust was a bit too crispy for my taste, but not bad. It's too bad I'd already tried sushi a few months ago. I might try this one again, just for myself, because I've never had Indian food, and there's an Indian restaurant in town the wife and I have been wanting to try. For now, however, this works.39. A sign for Karaoke
40. A road sign that is also a first name
This one's pretty self explanatory. I struggled to find this street, but then I got lost by following it and found a whole slew of first names I could have picked from. Also, parking to take this pic was a bit of an adventure, as there was a cop that lived up the road. I didn't want to get harassed for parallel parking in front of someone's house, but I wanted even less to get harassed for pulling into a stranger's drive way, which is what I almost did.
46. 100 of something...anything
I initially bought a "sharing size" pack of pretzel M&M's, but there were only, like 40. Instead, I bought a movie-sized-box of Red Hots instead. A much happier choice, as there were more than enough for the picture, and they're a much lower calorie snack. Mmmm...Red Hots...
1. Find a male with a mullet and have your picture taken with him2. You eating a donut with a police officer in uniform3. Picture of you with a firetruck in the background4. Next to a tombstone with a deceased date before 19305. Laying in a hammock6. Getting your arm autographed by a stranger7. Sit in between two strangers on a park bench and get them to pose with you like your best friends.8. Buy 10 cents worth of gas - take a photo of the receipt and pump showing the amount9. Find a sign or billboard that has your name in it and stand next to it10. Helping a stranger fold their laundry at a Laundromat
11. Riding the pony in front of a department store 12. Find the most interesting sign you can 13. Hugging a mannequin14. Wearing a mask15. Take your picture with an animal - preferably with an animal from a shelter, then provide the shelter details in case someone wants to adopt it16. Create a work of art with sidewalk chalk in a public parking lot - include #TheHunt 17. Capture your reflection in an unexpected place18. Picture of a train 19. Picture from the highest place you can get to - try to include yourself in the shot20. A sunset21. A sunrise 22. A building, statue, or sign that your town is known for - Even if it’s the “welcome to ___” sign 23. Full glass of your favorite (preferably alcoholic) beverage in your hand - like a giant g+ toast24. A photo of you and one of your g+ friends together (not in a hangout) holding a small #TheHunt sign25. Your feet in water (beach, lake, pool, etc)26. Take a picture while riding a ride27. A logo or signboard with a star on it28. A picture of someone taking a picture 29. A single french fry on a fast-food napkin, with #TheHunt written on the napkin30. An alarmingly out of date bumper sticker31. A house with a red door32. Three birds on a telephone wire33. A bug or a water droplet on a flower34. A garage sale sign (must be dated) 35. Picture of you in front of a sign for a university or college 36. You taking a bite of a food you have never eaten before37. A public clock reading 6:59 with #TheHunt on a post-it, stuck to the clock, or below it38. Someone hitting a golf ball behind you39. A sign for Karaoke 40. A road sign that is also a first name41. A change of address form with #TheHunt written as the new address42. You standing next to a novelty mailbox (ie, shaped like a dog, shaped like a fish)43. Someone fishing - or YOU fishing44. Bathroom graffiti with either a phone number, a “poem”, or involves a pun45. The inside of someone else’s refrigerator - Stick a #TheHunt post-it to something if you can 46. 100 of something...anything47. The saddest person you can find48. You playing an arcade game49. Picture of you with a Wal-Mart "greeter."50. Sitting on the ugliest piece of furniture you can find
12 down, 38 to go!