Wednesday, July 11, 2012

G+ Photo Scavenger Hunt Update 1

Photo by Ryan Ruppe

As I've mentioned before, I'm participating in this Google+ Photo Scavenger Hunt thingie.  It's been a good amount of fun for the wife and I, and it's given us an excuse to get out of the house and roam around doing things--even if it's just for the sake of getting a certain picture.  With that, I thought I'd share these photos, taken by my wife or myself, and mark down what I have left to do.
As mentioned last time, this idea was nabbed from Shaun McLane's G+ profile.  For more information, click the post I've linked to above and if it sounds like something you're interested in, join in!  All it takes is a camera.  Heck, you don't even have to use G+; you can just do this for fun if you want.  If you do it on Twitter or G+, don't forget the hashtag: #TheHunt
11. Riding the pony in front of a department store
 I couldn't find a pony, so I had to settle for Clifford the Big Red Dog.  I feel it works the same, if not better.
12. Find the most interesting sign you can
 The sign is interesting because, based on the expression on the dog's face, pets seem to feel different than Walmart claims...specifically, they seem to be terrified of it.
13. Hugging a mannequin
 This mannequin seemed sad, and I wanted to make her feel better.

17. Capture your reflection in an unexpected place
 I actually had several pictures of myself in various windows.  Then I saw these things and I realized that I'm a frickin' genius.  This picture was actually kind of hard to take because the angle I had to get down into to get that show put the sun in my eyes.  There are several pictures where I don't show up at all, and just have a nice picture of a pinwheel, instead.

19. Picture from the highest place you can get to - try to include yourself in the shot
 My wife is disabled, so going up onto mountains is a little more difficult than it used to be.  Plus, we don't know where any local mountains are.  Don't misunderstand, they're there...we're just really lazy.  However, the local community college's parking garage served for a perfectly fine photograph.

22. A building, statue, or sign that your town is known for - Even if it’s the “welcome to ___” sign
 Imagine my surprise to learn that the Walton's spent a bunch of money to have a legit art museum built in our town.  No, for real.  Not like those cheap wax museums and local art museums and museums to random junk you find in smaller towns, this one has actual, historical art.
23. Full glass of your favorite (preferably alcoholic) beverage in your hand - like a giant g+ toast
 This is not technically my favorite.  It's close, however.  I couldn't find "rum runner" on the Ruby Tuesday menu (I guess it's seasonal?), but the Ruby Relaxer is really close, and quite good, so...there ya go.  Cheers!

29. A single french fry on a fast-food napkin, with #TheHunt written on the napkin
 I didn't have a pen, so I thought I'd be all creative and write it in ketchup.  It turned out...less cool than I thought it would.  I think I used too much ketchup for "hunt."  Plus, it started to bleed through the napkin.  All the same, it works.
35. Picture of you in front of a sign for a university or college
 At the same time that I did the "highest place" pic, I did this one.  'Cause...you know...same place.
36. You taking a bite of a food you have never eaten before
 This was the one I was sort of the least happy with.  I feel sort of like I cheated because I have had pizza before, but I haven't had "Chicago Style" pizza.  The crust was a bit too crispy for my taste, but not bad.  It's too bad I'd already tried sushi a few months ago.  I might try this one again, just for myself, because I've never had Indian food, and there's an Indian restaurant in town the wife and I have been wanting to try.  For now, however, this works.39. A sign for Karaoke
40. A road sign that is also a first name
This one's pretty self explanatory.  I struggled to find this street, but then I got lost by following it and found a whole slew of first names I could have picked from.  Also, parking to take this pic was a bit of an adventure, as there was a cop that lived up the road.  I didn't want to get harassed for parallel parking in front of someone's house, but I wanted even less to get harassed for pulling into a stranger's drive way, which is what I almost did.

46. 100 of something...anything

 I initially bought a "sharing size" pack of pretzel M&M's, but there were only, like 40.  Instead, I bought a movie-sized-box of Red Hots instead.  A much happier choice, as there were more than enough for the picture, and they're a much lower calorie snack.  Mmmm...Red Hots...

1. Find a male with a mullet and have your picture taken with him
2. You eating a donut with a police officer in uniform
3. Picture of you with a firetruck in the background
4. Next to a tombstone with a deceased date before 1930
5. Laying in a hammock
6. Getting your arm autographed by a stranger
7. Sit in between two strangers on a park bench and get them to pose with you like your best friends.
8. Buy 10 cents worth of gas - take a photo of the receipt and pump showing the amount
9. Find a sign or billboard that has your name in it and stand next to it
10. Helping a stranger fold their laundry at a Laundromat
11. Riding the pony in front of a department store
12. Find the most interesting sign you can
13. Hugging a mannequin
14. Wearing a mask
15. Take your picture with an animal - preferably with an animal from a shelter, then provide the shelter details in case someone wants to adopt it
16. Create a work of art with sidewalk chalk in a public parking lot - include #TheHunt
17. Capture your reflection in an unexpected place
18. Picture of a train
19. Picture from the highest place you can get to - try to include yourself in the shot
20. A sunset
21. A sunrise
22. A building, statue, or sign that your town is known for - Even if it’s the “welcome to ___” sign
23. Full glass of your favorite (preferably alcoholic) beverage in your hand - like a giant g+ toast
24. A photo of you and one of your g+ friends together (not in a hangout) holding a small #TheHunt sign
25. Your feet in water (beach, lake, pool, etc)
26. Take a picture while riding a ride
27. A logo or signboard with a star on it
28. A picture of someone taking a picture
29. A single french fry on a fast-food napkin, with #TheHunt written on the napkin
30. An alarmingly out of date bumper sticker
31. A house with a red door
32. Three birds on a telephone wire
33. A bug or a water droplet on a flower
34. A garage sale sign (must be dated)
35. Picture of you in front of a sign for a university or college
36. You taking a bite of a food you have never eaten before
37. A public clock reading 6:59 with #TheHunt on a post-it, stuck to the clock, or below it
38. Someone hitting a golf ball behind you
39. A sign for Karaoke
40. A road sign that is also a first name
41. A change of address form with #TheHunt written as the new address
42. You standing next to a novelty mailbox (ie, shaped like a dog, shaped like a fish)
43. Someone fishing - or YOU fishing
44. Bathroom graffiti with either a phone number, a “poem”, or involves a pun
45. The inside of someone else’s refrigerator - Stick a #TheHunt post-it to something if you can
46. 100 of something...anything
47. The saddest person you can find
48. You playing an arcade game
49. Picture of you with a Wal-Mart "greeter."
50. Sitting on the ugliest piece of furniture you can find

12 down,  38 to go!

1 comment:

  1. Poor mannequin. I'd be sad too if I didn't have a head.

    ReplyDelete

This where you post your head dumpings. I don't mind disagreement if you're polite, well-thought-out, and civil. However, I decide what is and isn't acceptable. I reserve the right for my underground dwelling Comment Goblins to capture and devour any post they see fit.