Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me

No, it's not an April Fool's joke, although I'm sure I'll get a lot of those today.  Today really is my birthday.  I turn 24 today.  The wife and I celebrated over the weekend, where I consumed copious amounts of fro-yo cake and played Harry Potter Clue.  International Tabletop Day was also over the weekend.  I'm not saying Wil Wheaton held it in honor of my birthday celebrations, but I'm implying it.  I played Settlers of Catan for the first time and almost won.

I got in the mail an amazing gift from my mom.  Two packs of chili mix. But these were no ordinary chili mixes.  The proceeds to these went to a shelter that helps women from abusive relationships get out and find work.  Charity is one of my favorite things, and birthday gifts that benefit me and other people?  Bad ass!

Today will be a bit more quiet since I'll be at work all day, and then she'll be in class all evening.  I'll probably eat more cake (mmmm...delicious cake).

Happy birthday to me, and happy April Fool's Day to all of you.

Pictured: (Image from Shirt.woot) the shirt my wife got me for my birthday.