Friday, May 24, 2013

It's the Little Things

I'm crazy busy with work.  I'm getting caught up as quickly as I can, but it's a slow process that involves much paperwork.

With that said, I found something I wanted to share.

I know that companies often use stock photographs to create their advertisements.  And I know they use them to create most book covers anymore, as well.  However, it's truly bizarre to come across the same picture twice.  I mean, I've seen the same font a few times--fonts are different.  But pictures?  It's odd, like two people showing up to a costume party in the same outfit.

All the same, check this out.


Weird, right? It's the EXACT SAME PHOTO. Not just the face, but the foldy-bits down, the dirt under the finger nails, the circles under the eyes. The only thing that changed too much was the eye color.

Anyway, that's all for now.

Have you ever found anything like this? Let me know in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. i can't remember what the website is called, but there's a blog or something that covers indie books that all use the same stock images. it's pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete

This where you post your head dumpings. I don't mind disagreement if you're polite, well-thought-out, and civil. However, I decide what is and isn't acceptable. I reserve the right for my underground dwelling Comment Goblins to capture and devour any post they see fit.