Monday, November 25, 2013

The Quietness Around Here

It's been pretty quiet around here lately. Sorry about that.

Lately, I've been extremely busy with work. It's not been exactly enjoyable...more of a "hunker down and hope that this passes soon" kind of thing. But it seems like things are getting better, if only because the holidays are approaching.

Speaking of which, the wife and I already exchanged our "big" presents this year--tablets! We each got each other Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. We stuck with the 7 inch models because, especially for our first tablets, they seemed like the best choice between function and price. So far, we've really enjoyed them. The wife got me an extra bit of fancy by purchasing a tablet case with a Bluetooth keyboard, which means that I can now type and do writing type things on the go again. Since the death of my laptop, this has not been the case. That's actually what I'm typing this post on right now. I'll be interested to see how it looks using the Blogger app and the Bluetooth keyboard.

In other news, Thanksgiving holiday is upon us. I am very much looking forward to the usual visiting with family. My wife and I have already had our personal Thanksgiving. I made the turkey and my grandmother's pumpkin pie, my wife made her amazing crockpost stuffing, and all in all it was a grand 'ol time.

After that, we put up our tree and watched our first holiday special. I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but Christmas is my favorite holiday. Ever. EVER. I absolutely LOVE Christmas. So we watched Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas because SHUT UP MICKEY MOUSE IS A NATIONAL TREASURE AND I LOVE HIM NO I WILL NOT PUT MY PANTS BACK ON!!!

Anyway, here's a shot of the tree, freshly decorated and presentified. Looks like it's time for the most wonderful time of the year.