Monday, September 29, 2014

Monday Call to Action

This is your week's call to action.

It’s Monday, and the temptation is to phone it in. You just came off of the weekend. You’re tired. You haven’t “fully woken up” yet. Tomorrow will be a better day to do whatever it is you need to do.

Maybe you need to do the dishes. Maybe you need to do the laundry. Or pick up your house. Fix that leaky faucet. (Honestly, why is the leaky faucet such a prominent cliché? I don’t think I’ve ever seen a leaky faucet in my life. Leaky pipes, sure, but the faucet? Not that I can ever remember. Er…anyway…)

Or maybe you need to sit down and write some words.

People mock New Year’s Resolutions as that yearly time where we say we’re going to do something to improve our lives, but then JOKE’S ON US WE’RE LAZY HUMANS HA HA! Maybe consider this your New Week’s Resolutions and resolve to get your shit done.

I have things I need to get done today. Dishes that need doing. Laundry. And words. I need to get words on paper today. Preferably a bunch. At least a few.

Go out and conquer the world this week you crazy monkeys.

Allons-y!