Sunday, December 21, 2014

Waiting

I've been waiting.

Whenever life gets difficult (which almost always means whenever WORK gets difficult), I draw inward. I stop checking the internet almost entirely, except for things like Facebook--which is hardly checking the internet, as it's just my family on there.

I don't write much, if anything, when things get like this. I can't focus on it. Instead, I dive into other types of activity. I create things. Often, I cook or do some basic maintenance around the house--mechanical type tasks that don't really take the creativity that coming up with stories or blog posts does. It's easier.

For about a month or so, I've occasionally considered going to write something for the blog, or writing on a story. But I've stopped myself. I was waiting for something. I'm not sure what. I think I've been waiting for things to settle down...maybe? But I'm not sure they ever will. Life, I've found, goes through ebbs and flows, ups and downs. Things lately have just been a down.

In spite of a really terrible time with work lately, my life has been very good. I've discovered that I absolutely love cooking. Christmas, my favorite holiday, is right around the corner. Those things are good.

I hope things have been good with you, too.